Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 15 of renovation



You really realize just how many pieces there are to a kitchen when you have to take it apart and paint each side. I painted 21 pieces today. (shelving, drawers, doors) that had not quite been finished. That is not counting all the pieces that have been reassembled. It is a lot of pieces to say the least.

I was listening to some of the blogtalk radio podcasts I follow while working today. I was listening to Magickal Harvest, though I won’t lie, I could barely hear it over the spray gun. I will have to search up an interesting one for urban homesteading at some point I am sure.

I think when we go to finish the shop we might get some of the cabinets, fixtures, lighting, etc from the Habitat for Humanity store I recently found. They take all the stuff from old jobs, bits from here and there, and sell it in the store. Such a great idea really.

I have no idea when exactly we will be finishing the shop. It just kind of depends on a lot of things and might be a few years unless things fall into place sooner.

Right now we are just focusing on finishing as much of the renovations as we can before we move in and getting packing finished. We are mostly packed up. We just have to pack up the kitchen and the rest of the craft room basically.

Doing lots of laundry now because we will not have a washer and dryer put in immediately, though it will be soon.

Today is just one of those days where everything is seeming a bit like a blur. I will finish up as much packing with my brother and husband today as possible, finish and pack up laundry, and see how many of the cabinets I need to spray the other side of or use the antiquing glaze on.

The idea is to get at least the base finished on all of them so I do not need two rooms to lay them out in. I can do the rest of the antiquing in the craft room if needed. We are moving in almost no time at all and the cabinets will most likely not be finished till much after that.

I keep joking that by the end of this I am going to be hulked out, but really I think it is more a contest of how many bruises will my legs end up with before I become a blueberry lol. I feel as if I am a kid again. So many bruises I don’t know where all but the major ones came from. Thankfully the one from the ladder crashing on me, and the cabinet corner biting my toe are quickly healing.
Sunburn is also now turned into a tan. I have been sure to use sunscreen when possible.

Well my break from work is over. Back to the grindstone with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment