Monday, June 23, 2014

Two quick chicken freezer meals

It’s not much, but I packed up a few meals today. I got a $7 bag of chicken drumsticks and thighs (Attached to each other) and some marinades.

Figured it would be a good idea to knock out a couple portions quickly since part of the bag will be used tonight.
There are 3 of us living here, and 10 pieces total, so two bags I put 4 in, and one I put 2 in.
One with four pieces in it will be cooked tonight and has teriyaki marinade. The two piece also has the same marinade but will be put in the freezer. The other four piece has sweet baby rays BBQ sauce in it.

When you break down the cost of the meal. Chicken $7 for 10 pieces, marinade $3 each approx…
For the chicken alone it is about $5 per meal not including the side.
For tonight we will have rice (I would do fresh steamed veggies but I am out currently) The rice is about $2 for the microwave pouches. So that is $7 for tonight's meal. Not too bad really and certainly less than eating out.
Just given past meal estimations it is pretty common for my meals to cost around $7 to make when all is said and done. Now if I had just bought enough to make one meal, that price might have gone up.

If I had done anything different it would be to add pineapple to the teriyaki chicken, but I forgot to grab that at the store. I kinda planned this one on the go.

Took me all of 15 minutes to divide raw chicken and pour sauce into the bags.

I bought the stuff to make the cabbage rolls, but that will come at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment