Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Kitchen cabinet photos

IMAG4786 It is hard to see the actual colors in the photo, but this is sort of my color palette. The green I have gotten 2 gallons of the paint primer mix. The green will go on two of the living room walls. The middle color was the plaster color I cannot use and will need to try and tone match it with another paint color. The brown is the eventual color of the trim.

IMAG4789IMAG4790
The above have a double coat of primer.
In the photo below the bottom cabinet door has a double coat, the top one has a single.

IMAG4792IMAG4793
The single coat still shows a lot of the grain. I did not think even with a paint and primer mix that it would not show through that. You can see how big of a difference that second coat makes below.

IMAG4794IMAG4796IMAG4795
I painted the insides as well. Thought it would look weird if I did not.
The primer I used allowed me to not have to sand down the cabinets. I thought I would have to but the guy at Lowes assured me it would be fine if I primed them painted over it. The pour spout lid really helps keep the mess to a minimum, though it will spatter a bit when you close it.

Below shows the what the cabinets looked like before I got started on them.

IMAG4791

No comments:

Post a Comment