Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Tea Collection

So it seems I have quite a love for tea...
I have found I have many varieties in my ever growing collection of tea...
So much so that I really should have my own cupboard for my boxes and bags of tea.

Since I am always posting up here or there that I am drinking it, 
I figured I would type out a list of all the teas I have so you have an idea of what it is I like to drink.

I find my favorite brand of tea is Numi brand tea. I also drink teas from the stash brand often.
There are a few others that aren't worth naming aside from the loose tea I buy from the local co-op.
I drink some teas with sugar, some without, some with honey.

Honeybush
Which is one of my favorites, I like to drink it with sugar added, brings out the honey flavor

Jasmine green tea
Another favorite, use sugar in this as well

Chamomile
I usually drink this without any sugar but occasionally I will add some in

Chamomile Nights
I love it because it has Lotus flower in it ^_^

Mint Medley
Is the mint tea I have on hand right now aside from my dried fresh mint from my garden.
I prefer mint to peppermint but I do like this tea.
I drink it without sugar.

Green Tea
I drink with sugar

Ooolong Tea
Which I drink with sugar

White Rose Tea
I do not drink this one as often so I do not currently have a preference on how I like it

Forever Fruits Tea
One of the few teas I like with fruit in it.
Its a fruity minty tea.
I drink it with sugar

Papaya Mint Tea
It does not taste like the fruit since it is made from the leaves.
I drink this without sugar.

Orange Pekoe Black Tea
With sugar

Magosteen Superfruit Tea
Which I am not a big fan of but I have it

Red Roobios Tea
With sugar

Jasmine Myrtle Tea
With sugar

Peppermint Tea
which I drink without sugar
I am not a hue fan of peppermint as opposed to mint

Moroccan Mint Tea
which I have yet to try but have it in my cupboard

Chamomile Lemon Ginseng Tea
With honey

Bergamot Assam Black Tea
Have but yet to try

Chinese Breakfast Blend Tea
With sugar

Other various green teas... there are a bunch..

Morning Rise Breakfast Blend Tea
With sugar

Gypsy Cold Care Tea
With honey, not my favorite tea

Echinacea Elder Tea
I highly recommend.
I drink it with honey

Echinacea Complete Care Tea
I do not like this one...
I am not a fan of any sort of black licorice tastes.

Acai Berry Tea
I dont drink it often but when I do its with sugar

Blueberry Tea
In my cupboard but not really for my drinking.
I am not a fan of it but others in my house are.

I honestly probably have more than 30 different teas. That is not counting any that I may hand blend from herbs I have on hand. Some herbs I love to use are red rose, and lavender.
I do not like teas with orange, spices, licorice, most fruits, vanilla,
and a few other things I can't think of off hand.

But yes, that is my tea collection currently.
As I said before it is ever expanding.

I have also made my own Lavender Mint herbal sugars to use with the teas.
The sugar tastes especially good in the orange pekoe and the mint teas.
Sadly I am pretty close to out of the sugar now and since my plants are gone for the winter I will not be able to make any more until they start blooming again and I have fresh plant material.

I would like to mention that another alternative to sugar that I use in my tea is Agave Nectar.
It is light, delicious, and works very well in tea.
I am not a fan of stevia or any artificial sweetener.
I have found agave nectar fits the bill for a natural sugar/honey substitute.
You can find agave nectar in most stores, co-ops, and health food stores that carry food products.
I suggest anyone looking for an alternative to give it a try.
They have both light and dark nectar bottles.

No comments:

Post a Comment