Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow

These are pictures of the snow around my house.
It snowed all day yesterday and then snowed through the night.
We got at least 8 inches of snow.
We measured 9 inches on our property.
The news said there was as much as 12 inches in some areas near here.
It was a snow day for more than 100 schools in the areas there was so much snow.
Mainly because the roads around here are horrid during winter.
The plowers are SUPER lazy when it comes to plowing and salting the roads.
They had 50 plows out today, when they should have had them out early this morning.
We are lucky they even got out today... most of the time it is days before they get out.
Of course my brother loved this, he is in the process of building a fort in our back yard.
Sorry about the picture quality for some of these, I had to take them with a cell phone camera.

My brothers fort from a distance.
He says its not done and he plans to build snowmen guards in front of it haha.
I think it was a snow day well spent.

My brother in his fort.
Bare in mind he is 15 and like 6'2
He got a ton done in a very short period of time.
It mad me smile.

Despite all of the snow,
Even with my tiny little car
(I have a 95' Honda Del Sol)
I managed to get out and run all of my errands today.
I was worried I wouldnt be able to.
It was actually a lot of fun going out today.

 The table in our backyard looks like the cream filling in a double stuffed oreo!
And
We have magic! the kind that can make tiki torches have snow instead of fire. We are cool like that ^^
 It really is beautiful outside
 Icicles that formed the first time it snowed.
It actually trailed up higher than this picture shows. Its like an ice sculpture.
 This is my favorite icecicle
Nature is amazing.
Nature makes its own art and I was just happy I was able to capture it in a photo.

Some neighbors have Christmas lights up already.
Snow gremlins showed up.
Wonder who could have made those >.>
haha

It is very much hot chocolate weather.
Turkey from Thanksgiving is almost gone surprisingly enough.
14 1/2lb bird. Many meals have come been made from the left overs.
It was a delicious Thanksgiving meal.
I went out and played in the snow late last night a couple of times and then watched
Nightmare Before Christmas.
It has been wonderful : )

No comments:

Post a Comment