Friday, December 9, 2011

General rantings and shop related updates

I have not written in my blog in awhile and figured I might take the time today to make a post. There are a lot of things on my mind and a lot of things that have been going on recently. For one, my shop has been invited to have a booth at the Rapture Party on Dec 10th at the Shredder in Boise. It always makes me happy to be thought of when people think of what vendors they wish to have at their event.
Been working on some mini book earrings and necklaces.
mini bos earrings green witch bos pendant IMAG1742
I have also been working on spirit vessels but I do not have pictures of those currently. I came to the realization that I make lots of items for my shop but almost never make anything for myself. Part of that is due to not having enough proper storage. Yet another reason I want a large wooden treasure chest is to help store some of those things I want to make and keep for my own use.
I have been painting a little, mostly for my shop sign which is not all that elaborate given the amount of time I was given but it will do. I am outlining a new painting I think I am going to do. Sometimes I like to jump right in and start painting, other times I like to do an outline and then mull it over in my mind for a few days before I actually pull out the paints. I think it is going to be a snowy scene. I am really excited for the snow to come this year. It has been so cold outside I think snowing would bring the temperature up a bit. It can be too cold to snow you know. I hope to go out and take photos of the town and untouched snow blanketed landscape once it actually snows and snows enough to stick.
As much as I am anticipating the snow, it is kind of sad that as soon as the weather gets cold I want to go out and wildcraft things that have gone to sleep for winter, or get inspired by gardens. I do dislike that I cannot have an in ground garden here. Container boxes is what I can do and that is about it. I have been seeing some really inspiring indoor gardens that I would do if I had the space and or if it would not make things feel very cluttered. If I can reorganize things in my house (which need organizing anyways) I may try out some of the indoor garden ideas I have seen. The main problem I am worried about is that what happens if the herb gets too big for the indoor container? having to keep transplanting to larger containers *may* not be possible. I will think over possible ideas for awhile and see if I don’t come up with a better idea.

Started writing a second story. I have not finished the first one but it really needs organizing which is a pain and I have been procrastinating it. I don’t want to get writers block so I have to keep up writing and am doing so with my second book. This one is based off of some of the ideas I had for the Funeral Home for the Strange and Deranged painting I did that was based off of a story idea I had long ago. I changed a few things but it won’t effect the painting at all, just the story. I have about 60 pgs written in the book so far. I may have to go back and revise some things to make it flow better but otherwise I am happy with the story so far.


I have most of my Christmas shopping done. This year, like most, I am buying and making presents. I have a few I need to ship out as soon as I get the last portion of one finished so I can ship them all out at once. Just making Christmas presents and making new shop products and preparing for a booth can be kind of crazy at times. Funny how it seems to always go the same way when preparing for a booth. I don’t mind one bit though really. I would rather be doing 12 things at once then having nothing to do and being bored as hell. In between all of this I had a wonderful day filled with divination, crafts, and tea with a friend. I got my snake bones back and made some spirit vessels with them today. Took awhile to get them cleaned but well worth it for the tiny little bones. I hope to find more bones in the future when I go out on my bone collecting and herb wild crafting adventures.

Sewing machine is kind of on the fritz right now so I haven’t really been able to sew much of anything. Was not fun having it stop working in the middle of a project I really wanted to get done and would rather not hand sew the rest of it.

I did have to take my products out of Alchemy Spa since they are going through some changes and I believe are going to be switching locations possibly. My products may be put back up at some point in the future but for now they will only be either at booths or online.
While picking up my products I also gave my brother an early Christmas present and got him his first piercing. He was quite happy about that :) Teenage boys are very hard to shop for in my experience.

I am not so into the Christian aspect or some of the rowdy people who come out during Christmas, but I do like the snow, and the holiday season, Yule celebrations, decorating, and presents. Oh and can’t forget good food and family surrounding you. I would attempt to make a wreath for my front door but sadly we aren’t allowed to put anything on our doors or windows. I do however have my tree up and decorated and it looks awesome. If I really want to I can always hang a wreath inside the house over the mantle.

Started watching Grimm and Once Upon a Time, two new series that came out on tv recently. So far I am really liking both. Watched some new movies too that I really enjoyed. I am just waiting for the second Sherlock Holmes to come out so I can watch that.

Well, have a lot I still need to get done. So I am going to end this blog for now. May have more to update on later.

No comments:

Post a Comment