Friday, January 14, 2011

New Zodiac Signs?

I have to say, I do not know what to think about of of this new found knowledge on the zodiac... I have not done much research on it myself but I was aware of there being more than 12 zodiac signs so there being a 13th is not the issue. Them changing the dates around however and confusing everyone (Including me) is... In reading the article below I have found that apparently my zodiac sign has been wrong all along as have a lot of others; though some will stay the same depending on which day they were born.

~The article~
A Minnesota astronomer confirms what many have suspected: Your horoscope is quite possibly wrong.
Earth's shifts on its axis over the past 3,000 years have changed the 12 zodiac signs. For example, think your sign is Aquarius? You may be a Pisces. (There's also a 13th sign, Ophiuchus, that's based on a constellation the ancient Babylonians threw out for symmetry thousands of years ago.)
So who's to blame for this scam on zodiac devotees?
The ancient Babylonians based the zodiac on which constellation the sun appeared to be in when a person was born. Since then, the moon's has exerted a gravitation pull on Earth, causing a "wobble" on its axis that has shifted the stars' alignment by about a month, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports.
"Because of this change in the tilt, the Earth is over here and the sun is in a different constellation than it was 3,000 years ago when this study of the stars began," astronomer Parke Kunkle told the Twin Cities' KARE-TV.
The shift isn't new, Kunkle says -- the zodiac world just hasn't taken the wobble into account.
Here's your new sign below:
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-Nov. 29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20 

~End Article~

So the problem I am finding with this is that though I was iffy with some of the things my sign said about me (the sign I knew myself to be, not the new one), I could still relate to it. There was a lot I learned to avoid and could work on from learning about my sign. I then learned about rising sun signs and what mine was, which also explained why I did not act like most people with my sign. Not only that but a lot of my closest friends had the sign which was the sign of my rising sun. This new sign I have makes no sense to me. I know a decent bit about it being that another family member has/had it, and though I have a few traits, I would not say I have enough to classify me as being under that sign. It just does not fit. I am not the only one who feels this way. I am not saying there may not be a more accurate sign that may apply to me, but I do not feel this is it. Not to mention the new sign that family member would have... the old one fit far too perfectly for this new one to make any sense. What I wonder is if in discovering all of this, maybe the dates got overlapped the wrong way or some sort of time/date calculation is wrong from then to translate into the now. I am no astrologist or astronomer so I really cannot speak much on the matter I can only speculate on possibilities. There is just too much that doesn't make sense with too many people I am seeing. Which also makes me wonder, had we all grown up in a world where we had known this list above to be the zodiac would it still feel weird or would it just be our normal because that is what we know and are used to?

I still feel like there is a link missing in all of this and that maybe they released this old/new found information (because it is old information, just lost information) too soon without filling all those gaps and preparing answers for all those questions that would arise from all of this.

Currently I am hesitant to accept or reject anything until I have further information.

Obviously the zodiac does not rule ones life and can be quite off in some cases. It is more of a generalization than a pin point or mapping of your life, past or future. It does not guarantee you will have any positive or negative psychological/emotional/social aspects just because you were born under a certain sign; though it is helpful and can generally be correct on a more broad scale, with some on a more specific scale.

The zodiac has many uses for it which is yet another reason why this big change means a lot for some of us. For some it means no change at all, for others it means big change.

I do feel sorry for those (especially if it turns out that this is and always has been the zodiac we just weren't aware of it) who have gotten tattoos of their signs somewhere on their bodies... and then they turn out to be another sign... crazy to think is it not?

I am honestly not sure how much importance I hold to all of this, at least currently. Maybe once everything is researched and set in stone so to speak (which obviously  nothing ever is, its almost always speculation) It is just weird to grow up thinking one thing all your life and then one day be told not only has it changed, but it has always been the other way you just never knew about it. It's thought provoking. What does this really mean to me? What does this really change for me? It does not change who I am, what I do, or anything really... I guess everyone is so upset because it is like reading that someone is telling you, you are something that you are not. Especially if it is a sign that is not like you in almost any way. Whether this is true or not people have to remember, your sign does not make you who you are, it does not deem anything, you do. If you do not like something, you change it or take the steps to better yourself.
So just because you may have a new sign, does not mean it will change who you are...
Because if you think about it, if this is true, it has been your sign all along and you have been the way you are knowing your true sign or not knowing, right?
Anyways, point made.

Not really looking to start a debate on the topic being that I do not really have an opinion on it yet, so posting a comment stating one way or another will most likely get you an ambiguous/speculative response from me since I will not sway one way or the other as of yet. For matters like this opinions, though always welcome, without many facts are hard to say much on until more facts are gathered on the matter.
I am not doing any hard research on the matter at the moment but I will probably post something If I get any new information on the matter if it is different than what I have already shown above.


Also on a side note: Lets say your sign has changed but you have always found the correspondences within the old sign to work and do not find the new ones to work as well, keep working with the old ones or incorporate them in with the new ones. Your intuition is a powerful thing, if something is working then stick to it. If you know a certain stone, herb, oil, color, works best for you and its not in your sign, or has never corresponded to your sign, that does not matter at all.
Your body knows what it needs and will tell you.
If you feel drawn to it then stick to those, and don't worry about who's sign its attached to.
If it works for you that is all that matters.


No comments:

Post a Comment